Have you or a loved one suffered a serious head injury after a car accident, fall, or medical error? If so, you may be entitled to compensation. Brain injuries are common after any type of accident, whether serious trauma to your head, neck, or skull.
Unfortunately, brain injuries are very difficult to diagnose. Many times a brain injury may not begin to show signs or symptoms until weeks or months after the accident. Because of this, filing a brain injury lawsuit can be extremely complicated.
To learn more about your rights after suffering a brain injury in New Hampshire, and how an experienced New Hampshire accident lawyer can help, contact the Coates Law Office, PLLC, right away.
The Consequences of a Brain Injury
A brain injury can affect you for the rest of your life. Permanent brain damage can change your personality or behavior. It can also make basic motor skills more difficult. As a result, you may lose the life you once knew, your job, and your relationships. In severe cases, a brain injury can even lead to death. These are not small consequences, and they deserve to be compensated by the person who caused the brain injury.
Damages Available For a Brain Injury
Facing a brain injury can be overwhelming, frustrating, and life-changing. Your injury goes beyond physical symptoms and can change your personality, motor skills, and ability to work forever. If a brain injury has left you to face long-term or permanent damage, you may want to know what compensation you are eligible to receive.
There are a number of types of damages you can collect after a brain injury, including but not limited to:
- Past and future medical bills
- Lost earnings and diminished earning capacity
- Past, present, and future mental or physical pain and suffering
Of these, pain and suffering can be one of the most difficult to negotiate. To recover compensation for your pain and suffering, you must demonstrate to a jury the impact your injury has had on your life. In some circumstances, this will require the testimony of medical professionals.
How Much Is My Brain Injury Case Worth?
Because a brain injury can be so life-changing, most brain injury settlements are high. There are essentially four factors that go into determining how much you will receive in your brain injury case:
- The extent of your injury: You must show how severe your brain injury was and how it impacted your life.
- Your age at the time of your injury: Because a brain injury can significantly impact your future, your age must be considered.
- The cost of your medical bills: This includes any bills you experience after the accident and the bills you expect to have to pay to receive the ongoing treatment you need.
- The amount of money you lost as a result of being injured: A brain injury lawyer at Coates Law Office can help you by demonstrating the extent of your financial losses and finding all sources of money available to you after someone else has caused you to suffer a brain injury.
Why Hire Coates Law Office?
At Coates Law Office, Bradford Coates and the rest of our legal team have access to the people and resources you need. We will work with medical experts to help testify about the pain and suffering you have endured. We will also work with therapists and medical teams to testify about the pain and suffering you may have to live with in the future.
As our brain injury attorneys investigate how much your claim is worth, we will take your pain and suffering into account. Then we will stand by your side throughout the legal process to fight on your behalf so that you may be compensated for the full extent of your damages.
With our New Hampshire personal injury attorneys, you can be confident that you will get the maximum amount your case is worth after a life-changing brain injury. Contact the Coates Law Office, PLLC, right away. Call 603-262-5766.